Bay Area Alumni Club
Board of Directors
Want to get involved at a leadership level with the Alumni Club of the Bay Area? We are now accepting applications for the Board of Directors. APPLY NOW!
The Alumni Club of the Bay Area Volunteer Board is currently accepting applications for the following positions: Vice President of Programming, Secretary, Communications Chair, Social Media and Marketing Chair, and Board Members At-Large.
Candidates should be thoughtful, creative, engaged with the UChicago community, and strongly committed to strengthening ties among alumni in the Bay Area and with the University. Alumni, parents, and friends of UChicago in the Bay Area are considered members of the Club. Any member in the Bay Area may nominate him/herself to serve on the Board. If you know of someone who would be a great leader, please encourage her/him to apply.
The term of office begins July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020.
All candidates will be reviewed by the nominations committee, who will make recommendations to the current Board, and a slate will be presented for vote at the May Board meeting.
The application form may be found HERE (or click above on CLICK HERE TO APPLY). Applications are due by Tuesday, May 15, 2018. If you have any questions, issues accessing the application, or require any additional information, please contact the Alumni Club's staff liaison, Jen Lenard-Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.623.2396.
For all positions, applicants must be a member in good standing at the time of their selection, and at all times during their tenure. Each successful candidate shall serve no more than four consecutive terms in any office. For more detailed position descriptions, click here.
Vice President of Programming
• Ensures the region/Club supports alumni involvement and development by coordinating a steady stream of events that are planned, posted, marketed, and attended (at least 12 per year)
• Plan and lead quarterly programming meetings to foster engagement with the alumni community in an effort to fill a calendar of events for the upcoming months
• Support alumni in developing events and programs to engage others locally in the Bay Area Club
• Build relationships with other local alumni clubs to facilitate co-hosted events and increased interaction with other schools
• Field alumni questions regarding events (how-tos, and general and specific event-related information) including knowledge of how to post events on the UCCO website and other social media outlets, collect payments, and other vital logistical efforts needed to make events successful
• Ensures the region/Club quarterly Board meetings are planned and meeting minutes are captured
• Consult with the President and other Officers to plan quarterly Board meetings including ordering of lunch, drafting and sending out final agendas, and monitoring RSVPs
• Ensures their region/Club UCCO website functions as an effective communication tool
• Solicit and publish submitted content and photos on the Club website
• Manage and publish newsletters
Social Media and Marketing Chair
• Ensures their region/Club is effectively communicating and marketing Club goals and upcoming events
• Support the management of UCCO website and act as back up to the extent the Communications Chair is unavailable
• Manage Bay Area Alumni Club social media presence including, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
Board Members at Large
• Attend at least 3 Board meetings per year by phone or in person
• Lead or attend at least two alumni events per year
• Serves as a resource in identifying volunteers, regional contacts, potential Board members, and other alumni volunteers based on current needs and priorities
• Supports fellow Board members, as necessary, with strategic advisory support and management of the various committees
• Supports alumni opportunities such as volunteering, affinity groups, local events, and University-led signature events
• Attends events and is a committed University ambassador
Alumni Club of the Bay Area
Board Application Information
Deadline: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- Vice President of Programming
- Communications Chair
- Social Media and Marketing Chair
- Board Members At-Large
Term: July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020
Questions? Contact the Alumni Club of the Bay Area's Staff Liaison: