San Francisco Ballet Presents Nutcracker
Join your fellow UChicago alums, their family and friends, as well as alums from Harvard and Columbia for this popular annual event.
The University of Chicago Bay Area Alumni Club, along with Harvard and Columbia, will again celebrate a gala performance of San Francisco Ballet’s Nutcracker this holiday season. We reserved fabulous seats in the Premium Dress Circle at a special group discount with “Passport Performance” extras. A Sugar Plum Fairy world of holiday magic awaits inside the resplendent Opera House in a wonderland of supersized candy, teddy bears, toy soldiers, and such things that are usually visible only to young people nodding off to sleep. Our Passport Performance goodies include a keepsake “Passport” to be stamped with mementos of your Nutcracker festivities, a plush toy for the first 500 children arriving (doors open at 6 p.m.), lobby photo ops with costumed Nutcracker characters from 6 - 6:30 p.m., craft activities, and complimentary sweet treats and beverages at Intermission.
Join us early, from 6 - 6:45 p.m. at our self-host Meet and Greet in the 3rd floor Cafe Express area near our Premium Dress Circle seats. Café Express offers light dinner fare including, sandwiches, salads, desserts, champagne, and soft drinks. Note: We must be in our seats by 6:50 p.m.
Act fast to purchase your tickets through the custom website created for our alumni group.
- 6 - 6:45 p.m., Meet and Greet (3rd Fl. Café Express, Opera House)
- 6:50 p.m., Seated
- 7 p.m., Performance
Street parking is available, but the easiest parking option is the Performing Arts Garage on Grove St. between Franklin and Gough ($20 all evening). Click here for driving, public transit, and parking information.
Facebook Twitter E-Mail
$104/person; $95/person; $79/person (depending upon seat selection)
Sales close November 2, end of business day.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER, and follow the instructions below.
1. Click the purple “Buy Tickets” button.
2. On the “WELCOME TO NUTCRACKER” page, click the purple button representing UCHICAGO.
3. Choose December 16, 7 p.m. performance date, and click the purple “Select” button.
4. On the left side, under “Select Your Own Seats,” click on “Launch.”
5. On the Opera House seating map, hover over the Grand Tier/Premium Dress Circle area highlighted in grey. Our seating block in Premium Dress Circle then appears in purple.
6. Click on the purple seating area and our alumni seating block appears in black. As you hover over the seats, the rows and seat numbers are identified.
7. Click on the seat(s) you want, then click “Add to cart.” Follow purchase instructions.
8. The Ballet will mail your tickets to you.
Sunday, 12/16/18 at 6:00pm - 9:00pm | iCal
War Memorial Opera House
301 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA
[ Get Directions ]